June 5, 2020
A COVID-19 note to our community
“We care about the story behind the numbers”
During this time of economic crisis and uncertainty, this sentiment echoes louder more than ever, for our clients, our community and business partners, and our friends. We want you to know that we will work together to provide advice, consult, and guidance in the capacity necessary to navigate through the coming days.
Protecting our team members and clients
Our highest priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our team members, clients, and community. While our firm remains open and available to serve client needs, we are adhering to social distancing recommendations, enhanced sanitizing practices on common surfaces, and applying the relevant workplace guidance from the CDC and VA Department of Health. Specifically, we are operating under the following protocol:
· We are limiting client traffic and appointments within our office and on-site visits to client's offices and homes.
· We are well positioned to operate remotely through the use of secure technology. We encourage clients and business partners to use the following additional options and ways to provide continued service to you during this period:
o All tax documents and relevant information can be uploaded by using the following secure link in your web browser https://www.clientaxcess.com/sharesafe/#/HottelandWillis
o We can accept your e-file authorizations by the above link, e-mail, fax (540-662-1470) or mail.
o We will hold telephone calls or video conferences instead of in-person meetings through Skype, Zoom or FaceTime.
· For clients, business partners, and vendors traveling to our office, please drop off essential information or pick up documents at the front door only. Please call into our office at (540) 662-0325 upon arrival or simply knock during our office hours of 8-5 M-Th or 8-12 Fri and one of our team members will facilitate. Please do not travel to our office if you are sick, but instead allow us to offer electronic means to meet your needs.
COVID-19 has likely caused concern about your financial well-being. However, there are many relief measures available that may benefit you, such as:
· The IRS extended the April 15, 2020 federal income tax filing and payment deadline to July 15, 2020.
· Payment of 2020 federal first and second quarter estimated tax payments has been extended to July 15, 2020.
· Emergency paid sick and family leave benefits are available to employees (with some limitations and exceptions) under the Families First Coronavirus Response ACT (FFCRA).
· Individual recovery rebates and business tax relief are available under the Coronavirus Aid, Relief, and Economic Security (CARES) Act.
We recommend the following resources that provide reliable guidance and address frequent questions.
Additionally, as our team continues to interpret legislation and guidance, we will continue to provide updates both on a client-by-client basis and through our website to keep you most informed on what matters most.
Our commitment to you
Our objectives during this unprecedented time are to (1) protect the health & well-being of team members and those visiting our office; (2) maintain business resilience; (3) support broader public health & community objectives; and (4) engage in continuous pragmatic, non-fear based decision making.
Whether you have individual tax or financial planning questions or need advice on ways to navigate business challenges, payroll compliance, or lending rules, we are here for you. If you have any questions or concerns, please don’t hesitate to contact us by phone at (540) 662-0325 or e-mail any one of our team members. During this uncertain and challenging time, it is more important than ever to stay connected. We are in this together.
Thank you for your continued trust and confidence in our firm.
Be smart. Stay safe. Keep well.