Hottel & Willis, P.C. is currently recruiting for a high-energy, top-performing individual to join our team as a Staff Accountant. We offer a team-oriented environment, a competitive salary and benefit package (commensurate with experience), generous paid-time off, and no overnight travel.
The candidate chosen for this role must be a CPA or a CPA eligible candidate actively pursuing a license. The candidate must be comfortable working in a client-facing environment, and enjoy variety in work assignments, that include accounting, auditing, and tax engagements.
Specific responsibilities for this position will include:
- Assist with compilation, review, and audit engagements
- Prepare individual, partnership, corporate and fiduciary tax returns
- Research and compliance work related to individual and corporate tax issues
- Assist with consulting and financial planning engagements
- Ability to manage multiple tasks and deadlines
Specific requirements for this position include:
- Bachelor's degree in accounting or business
- CPA or CPA candidate actively pursuing license
- Working knowledge of U.S. GAAP and GAAS
- Current knowledge of the Internal Revenue Code
- Great technical and analytical skills
- Ability to interact and engage with team members at all levels
- Ability to maintain an exceptional level of confidentiality, organization, and time management
- Strong self-initiative skills and excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in Excel and QuickBooks
The firm's highest priority is the health, safety, and well-being of our team members and clients, and has implemented and follows prescribed workplace guidance. While the firm does not currently offer a fully remote work environment, each team member has their own dedicated and safe office space and flexibility to work-from-home as scheduling allows.
If this opportunity aligns with your experience, please apply for the position through the Apply link below or email your resume directly to firstname.lastname@example.org for consideration.